Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ramadhan 2010

Yesterday 11/08/2010 was the first day of ramadhan for the year 2010. I remembered when i first started fasting at the age of 8. It was back then in Tokyo. I hated it. It was winter and during recess, I had to stay in class while the others went out to have their lunch. 4.30pm dah berbuka. However it felt so bad. I would whine whine and whine to Papa on my bed. And he would pujuk2, telling me 'sekejap lagi buka la tu'.
And as i got to my teens, fasting has become something important. However i would buy loads and loads of food for breaking fast. And thats a waste. But i couldnt care less. I really enjoyed breaking fast. That was it.
Now that im 23 (young adult should i say), the feeling is totally diff! Ramadhan has become the best month for me. I not only focus on breakfasting, but the moment we spend our time fasting. Its just...NIKMAT. Even during breaking fast, i tend not to spend much. Cuma ala kadar. Mama have always been telling me that its no point fasting when u spend too much and eat all those luxurious feast for breaking fast. Berpuasa kan ibadah utk mengingati org2 yang kurang berkemampuan. And yesterday it was the first time praying terawikh with the beloved parent :).
Selamat menunaikan ibadah puasa to all the muslims.

No comments:

Post a Comment